Complaints and Dispute Resolution Procedure

Standard Complaints & Dispute Resolution Procedure

1. Phone us

To lodge feedback, compliments or complaints over
the phone with our customer service team, you can contact Electricity in a Box
on the below number:

  • For existing customers or non-customers, call 1300 933 039
    Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm AEST
  • For language assistance, call 131 450

2. Write to us or lodge online

If you prefer to document your feedback, compliment or complaint, please get in touch using our General Enquiries Form below, select the relevant drop-down option of what you’re are writing to us about, and one of our team members will be in touch.

Raise a complaint

What happens after you make a complaint?

When we receive a complaint:

  • We’ll record the details of your complaint. We’ll give it fair and genuine consideration and seek to achieve a fair outcome for both parties
  • If your complaint is received in writing, we’ll acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 10 business days
  • For complaints specifically related to credit, we will provide an acknowledgement and response in accordance with the regulatory requirements under the Credit Reporting Code. If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or lodge a complaint with the Australian Information Commissioner
  • Your complaint will be allocated to one of our complaints handling team
  • We’ll enquire into your complaint within a reasonable time frame, taking into account the nature and complexity of your complaint
  • We’ll keep you informed of any progress via your preferred communication channel – or if you don’t specify, we’ll contact you by the same channel that you initially made the complaint.
  • We’ll treat your complaint respectfully and handle all personal information in accordance our privacy policy

  • If appropriate, we’ll make policy changes to prevent the same situation from happening again.

3. If you’re not satisfied with the outcome

can contact EWON at any time for independent advice and assistance as well as
if they are dissatisfied with the outcome of a complaint to your

We hope that we’ve done our very best to resolve
your issue. If the complaint is not resolved, you may take the complaint to the
relevant external dispute resolution body (i.e. the relevant ombudsman).

We’re a member of the Energy and Water Ombudsman
schemes in all states where we have a licence. The Ombudsman scheme is a free
service and acts as an impartial conciliator to help resolve disputes between
customers and energy companies.

The Ombudsman will want to know that we’ve worked
together to try and resolve the issue as best as possible and will refer you to
our customer service team if you have not contacted us before.

If you’re unsure, contact us and let us help







Overseas Call

Overseas fax

Translating & Impaired

TTY Hearing impaired

Victoria Energy & Water

GPO Box 468D
Melbourne, Vic 3001

1800 246 545


131 450

133 677

NSW Energy & Water

Reply Paid 86550
Sydney South NSW 1234

1800 662 837



131 450

133 677


QLD Enregy & Water

PO Box 3640
South Brisbane, QLD 4101

1800 500 509


131 450

133 677


SA Energy & Water

GPO Box 2947
Adelaide SA

1800 665 565



131 450

133 677

ACT Energy & Water

GPO Box 578 
Civic Square ACT

+612 6207 7740

131 450

133 677