Standard Complaints & Dispute Resolution Procedure
1. Phone us
To lodge feedback, compliments or complaints over
the phone with our customer service team, you can contact Electricity in a Box
on the below number:
- For existing customers or non-customers, call 1300 933 039
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm AEST
- For language assistance, call 131 450
2. Write to us or lodge online
If you prefer to document your feedback, compliment or complaint, please get in touch using our General Enquiries Form below, select the relevant drop-down option of what you’re are writing to us about, and one of our team members will be in touch.
What happens after you make a complaint?
When we receive a complaint:
- We’ll record the details of your complaint. We’ll give it fair and genuine consideration and seek to achieve a fair outcome for both parties
- If your complaint is received in writing, we’ll acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 10 business days
- For complaints specifically related to credit, we will provide an acknowledgement and response in accordance with the regulatory requirements under the Credit Reporting Code. If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or lodge a complaint with the Australian Information Commissioner
- Your complaint will be allocated to one of our complaints handling team
- We’ll enquire into your complaint within a reasonable time frame, taking into account the nature and complexity of your complaint
- We’ll keep you informed of any progress via your preferred communication channel – or if you don’t specify, we’ll contact you by the same channel that you initially made the complaint.
- If appropriate, we’ll make policy changes to prevent the same situation from happening again.
3. If you’re not satisfied with the outcome
can contact EWON at any time for independent advice and assistance as well as
if they are dissatisfied with the outcome of a complaint to your
We hope that we’ve done our very best to resolve
your issue. If the complaint is not resolved, you may take the complaint to the
relevant external dispute resolution body (i.e. the relevant ombudsman).
We’re a member of the Energy and Water Ombudsman
schemes in all states where we have a licence. The Ombudsman scheme is a free
service and acts as an impartial conciliator to help resolve disputes between
customers and energy companies.
The Ombudsman will want to know that we’ve worked
together to try and resolve the issue as best as possible and will refer you to
our customer service team if you have not contacted us before.
If you’re unsure, contact us and let us help
Translating & Impaired
TTY Hearing impaired
Victoria Energy & Water
GPO Box 468D
Melbourne, Vic 3001
1800 246 545
NSW Energy & Water
Reply Paid 86550
Sydney South NSW 1234
1800 662 837
QLD Enregy & Water
PO Box 3640
South Brisbane, QLD 4101
1800 500 509
SA Energy & Water
GPO Box 2947
1800 665 565
ACT Energy & Water
GPO Box 578
Civic Square ACT
+612 6207 7740